Hillsborough Academy of Math and Science is a tuition-free public charter school serving the greater Tampa and Westchase community for students in Kindergarten to Middle School. Our personalized approach to educating students inspires them to discover their full potential in an environment that celebrates their individual strengths and promotes a community of learners.
Open Enrollment takes place annually. We encourage all new families interested in attending our school to complete an Enrollment Application at the link below:
If the number of applicants for any grade level exceeds the available student vacancies for that grade level then a lottery will be held to randomly select from the total of student applicants for that grade. An offer of admission will be made to those applicants selected in the lottery up to the number of student vacancies. If the parent’s response is negative or if there is no response then the school shall move to the next applicant selected in the lottery until all student vacancies have been filled. If for some reason, student spaces should become available after all names in the applicant pool have received an offer of admission, and either accepted or rejected that offer, then the school will conduct a subsequent lottery for those applications received after the initial lottery period. Those applicants who have remained on the wait list for the school year must complete a new application for the next school year. Applications do not roll over to the next school year.
Enrollment preference is available to sibling applicants, children of employees or governing board members, children of active duty military families and, students who attended or are assigned to failing schools pursuant to S. 1002.38(2).
Parents/Guardians are responsible for providing transportation to and from school for their student(s).
After the Lottery, those that are offered a seat will automatically receive notification by e-mail and will have 7-days to complete the Registration Process as follows:
STEP 1: Gather your student's Documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Home Language Survey - Found during the online registration process.
- Florida Immunization Record - Immunization Information
- Florida Entry Health Exam (Pages 1 &2 within 1 year before 1st day of school)
- Parent ID or proof of guardianship
- Last Report Card
- Two proofs of address - Copy of electric bill, lease, or mortgage
- IEP plan/504 plan - if applicable
STEP 2: Let's Register: Click the link within your notification e-mail. This link is unique to your child and will take you directly to the online Registration Portal.
- 1st time users must create an account
- Complete entire form
- Upload Documents or email for Grades K-8 to email@example.com or bring them to the Front Office
- Remember to Click: SUBMIT (Submit is also "save" if you need to exit and return.)
When can I submit an Application for Enrollment?
Open Enrollment takes place annually. However, you may submit an application for enrollment at anytime. If there is a seat available in the grade level that you are applying for, an offer for that seat will be made. If there are no openings your student’s application will be placed on a waitlist on the date and order the application was received.
Do I need to apply again if my child currently attends the school?
- No, your child will have a seat in the appropriate grade if Recommitment for the next school year is completed by the deadline in January.
- If your student currently attends a CSA K-5 school and wants to attend a CSA sister school 6-12, yes you will need to complete an Application for Enrollment.
What if I miss the 7-day deadline to complete the Registration?
If the Registration form is not submitted by the deadline, the seat will automatically be rescinded and the offer will be made to the next student on the waitlist for that grade level.
Do I need to create an account to Register?
- If you have never completed an online Registration, yes, will need to create an account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number.
- If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete your Registration. (You should use the same account to complete Registration for multiple children/siblings.)
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
What if I don't have all the documents?
Submit your Registration form and email the documents to the school registrar or bring them to the school front office once you have the documents.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “< Prev” to return to a previous page.
I have completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you entered and documents you have uploaded directly to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I am registering more than one student?
You will need to Register each child separately and provide information specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one Registration and then start another, this will allow your Guardian/Parent information to link each child under one Guardian/Parent account, which will save you time.
What if I cannot upload documents?
If you cannot upload the documents you can scan and email them to the school registrar or you can bring them to the school front office where we will gladly make copies to add to your registration.
Are students required to wear school uniforms?
Yes, school uniforms are mandatory and must be ordered from iUniforms.com
What if I cannot find the notification email?
Contact the school Registrar to get you student's 15-digit snapcode. Then click the link below to enter your student's snapcode, and click continue. This will take you to directly to your student's individual registration. Snapcode Registration Link Snapcode Enlace de Registro